PDX Beer Week is here! Breakside is thrilled to be featured among the best beer and culinary minds in our great city. With over a week full of interesting events, we’re going to be pretty busy. Have a look at what we’ll be taking part in!
Thursday: June 5 Masters of Lager @ Imperial
Saturday-Sunday: June 7-8 Fruit Beer Fest @ Burnside Brewing
Passionfruit Sour is our entry. Beaujolais avec Brett on tap in the specialty tent.
Monday: June 9 Randall Night at Belmont Station
Tuesday: June 10 Mussels from Brussels 5-10 PM @ Bazi Bierbrasserie
Wednesday: June 11 Passionfruit Bottle Release @ Tin Bucket
Thursday: June 12 Five Different PDX Beer Week Events
- Weird Beer Night @ Imperial Bottle Shop – “La Transpacifique” sour on tap
- Local Food Hero Awards @ Ecotrust Building – Sampling of 3 of our beers all paired with goat cooked by John Gorham
- Wild and Sour Beer Seminar – Panel discussion on production of Brett and sour beers with brewers from Cascade, Block 15, De Garde, and us.
- OMSI Event – IPA being poured as part of a Travel Portland gala. Food and beer and brewers!
- Beer and Wine Together Forever @ SE Wine Collective – Four of our beers paired with four dishes and four wines showing that wine and beer don’t have to be viewed as “opposed.” Designed to introduce wine folks to beer and vice-versa. BB Aztec, Beaujolais avec Brett, IPA, Pilsner in bottles.
Friday: June 13
- Barrel-Aged Beer Seminar – Another panel discussion, this time on barrel-aged beers that aren’t sour. Breakside, Deschutes, Oakshire, Gigantic, and Widmer featured.
- Saison a Fleurs Release at Saraveza – Official release of our collaboration beer with Widmer Bros. The bottle release of Saison a Fleurs, along with draft versions of Apollo & Dionysus and Aquavit BA Saison. Kolsch and Passionfruit Sour also on tap.
- IPA Blind Taste-Off – Exactly what it sounds like. Details TBD.
- Rye Beer Fest @ The East Burn – Festival of beers that use rye. Either Brett Rye IPA or A Saison in Hell on tap.
- Drunken Cobbler @ Art Museum – Discussion and presentation of beers inspired by the painting the Drunken Cobbler. We’ll debut the draft of The Man Who Made Dessert, our 100% Brett beer fermented on Turkish apricots.
Saturday: June 15 Beer & Cheese Fest at Burnside Brewing Co.
11 breweries with one beer each paired with a cheese from Steve Jones of Cheese Bar